Dan Villejo part 2

I was looking for a player that can match TYL and USANA we were so small back then and I think that I can endure a losing season in HoopStars. What I anticipate the most was the line up of AMPED Athlete that time that got Dale Soriano and James Doblado fellow Go Duterte Players two players who have incredible talent for wing players and both have excellent hops. AMPED was the finalsts that year and poised to take the championship back then. Their role players were also good. Our line up cannot match them honestly. I was shocked with Dale Soriano dunking in practice games in Davao HoopStars. I feared that Amped would squash opponents again. To level that Dan Villejo may be the hope for my team to compete with the bests. But it was lacking. I needed a true 6"0 plus big man to counter the big man of USANA and TYL respectively. I was searching for it. There I selected the 6"4 player Lloyd, who was playing with MB Bangalao thus making them a inside out pair. Then there goes the team. As Dan would match Dale and James respectively, our big men was towering and I provided the muscle. Projected win for the teams was 3-4 games. I expect adjustments.


As he attended the practice games in HoopStars I saw that he was good to be with. We had good team chemistry. But what shocked me was the feedback from the Board of Governors back then. They told me that he could dunk. Not just barely dunk but dunks that are spectacular. They were shocked. And I was absolutely shocked but very overjoyed as well. The joy of having him with the team was mind changing and even was very friendly that he overtook some of my best friends in how I deal with him. Prior to knowing him I always find and brag Evan Moleta in person or social Media.

He was Evan Moleta in Steroids. I am not comparing their game to each other as Dan would be 1000 times better than Evan. What I meant is the friendship he can give overwhelmed of those with Evan. He was the more expressive version of Evan. Although Evan was not showy Dan was far more showy and more fun to be with. How I wish Evan and Dan were on the same team but as a proposed to Evan in RMC during a B Ave game my team, he would not commit, though he committed a season later. I felt that I must build my team first and fix it before he joins. This was my dream that never been fulfilled to make them friends.



Then as the opening of HoopStars culminated the unexpected happened, AMPED athlete backed out for that season. Citing that they have a lot of commercial players. But my questions remains the same, because there was other teams that were good back then. Like Sirba and Boleros who improved their line up. I stood no chance that's what I think.


Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post