Personal Experience in the National Youth Parliament



A photo with the Special Assistant to the President Bong Go 

My colleagues in the educational comittee

Me during the grueling plenary sessions.


My experience in the National Youth Parliament is fairly exciting I was surprised to be chosen by the Autism Society of the Philippines through the National Council of Disability Affairs. This is a milestone for me because despite of being different from others there is hope for being included in the growth of the nation through advocating the Autism Community at large. It is not just representing that minority which compels me to the calling but as one of my aspirations is to work as a servant of the country. By helping the country achieve its goal for a peaceful and progressive country. This opportunity gave me learnings about what has to be done in the government legislatively by simulating the work just like what happened in the House of Representatives. Which is the law-making body of the government. My experience in the National Youth Parliament is kind of an honor because I joined the youth leaders who are the future of the nation. It was a pleasure to have the necessary circle in nation building.


Region XI represents
The one who pinned was former NYC Commissioner Steven Arquiza

During the first day of the parliament which is Sunday it was a getting to know stage for us delegates. We are grouped according to regions during the first day. As the program flows, rules of procedures were discussed. There was also a talk about the programs in the Philippine Youth Development Plan. Somehow the long lectures from the give speakers were too much for me to handle, a lot of issues about poverty, out of school youth and the structure and policies regulating the SK federation. As a representative of the NCDA I feel that the thrill of responsibility is now a motivation to succeed individually.

With the selfie king and Former Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go.

In the second day which is Monday, I was honored by being pinned in an oathtaking ceremony. Then despite the controversies in the event. I was able to lobby the National Autism Care Act Bill to former Special Assistant to the President and a candidate for senator, Bong Go through Attorney Peloton, with the hopes of putting it in the Malasakit Center, a program which gives assistance for medicines and supplies related to health. I am hoping that the parents who are financially deprived would avail assistance for; checking diagnoses related to developmental disorders; to provide interventions for less fortunate people. The bill I have in the parliament is Inclusive Education for schools and Work inclusion. This what I pushed through. It is a struggle to do it but it is worth the effort. The third day is the meat of the Parliament where we are going to present and deliberate the bills for three readings. It was the third day where we need to endure the sleepless night just to craft bills per committee. As a team we endured frustrations, corrections and hardship through out the plenary sessions. This was the time that during the third day that stress took toll on my body. We tried our best to amend some the bills, for me I did my part to amend the bills presented.
During the fourth day which is a Wednesday happens to be the final reading, social’s night and awarding of the best bill. It was very unfortunate that my body shut down during that time. I realized that people with special needs, especially a person with autism require more time for rest and process things simultaneously. Consequently, I was not able to attend the socials night, the dinner with Mayor Sara because of fatigue and a trip to Samal which is given by Bong Go, I was frustrated not to attend these gatherings and went to home due to fatigue. I was frustrated because I cannot cherish the moments which we build during the first day, because I became deeply attached to them emotionally and we treat each other like a family. To this date I am still communicating to them through chat. At the end of the parliament, as I received my certificate, I realized that, autism is a real problem that cannot be addressed in the parliament alone. May God bless me more time to input about autism to the society because the world needs to love and be compassionate to every individual whether with special needs or not.


The certificate I had received During the 12th National Youth Parliament

I planted this desire during the Parliament about serving the people even being an ordinary citizen. Serving a nation comes from a Divine calling. If given a chance to embark to this endeavor, I will sustain and come up for more solutions to address the poverty situation and promote equality on all jobs that we have. Even the jobs of skilled workers need to have more recognition through giving a managerial position to even construction worker, farmer or a garbageman because without these work forces in the society the nation will fall. Itemize their works for them to enhance their crafts. All will suffer from hunger, all will have health problems, without farmers and utility personnel. I will sustain the peace and order, anti-drug stance and anti-corruption stance that is practiced here in Davao City for years because this is crucial for people who are marginalized in the society especially the sector that I belong to. I am fully aware that even being an ordinary citizen of this country I can do this even in a small way.



Click the link for video:
https://www.facebook.com/nationalyouthcommission/videos/426248094576612/

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post