Personal Space, Basketball and Autism part 3



Basketball and Autism 

Part 3 Personal Space

As a player we need to have self awareness in dealing with certain situations. We need to see things ahead and looking back on what you had learned during the experience. Since this world is very demanding socially to those who have autism or people who struggle to maintain relationships with partner or peers.

This is what I would say to you, Personal Space. This the time where you need to give someone the distance for someone to process the emotions, thoughts and ideas during an encounter. In my experience this was a struggle which I endured during my past relationships with women, classmates, playmates and teammates. This the area which some people with autism struggle with, they want to make friends but they sometimes are not aware or if they are aware they may make their own way in approaching people. Nevertheless, in my experience there are times that my impulses tell me to do things that are not desirable. Sometimes there are times that inappropriate behaviors kick in to lack of observing space between people. Some people misinterpret this as something negative like seeking attention when not needed. “Papansin” is what others see it.

However, there is a lot for me to learn about personal space, especially in social media where things go cyber.  This the area where I realize my struggles in this area had consequences that I needed to face. Like liking pics unnecessarily just to get an attention with people. Or making memes just to be find way to impress people. I will not elaborate on this because this my personal space as well to all of the readers of my blog. I deserve a right of privacy just like you. This drains energy from you because in this world you cannot please everybody. There are times that you need to wait for their response (in a positive way of course) if you don’t they might end up blocking you in Facebook. Some people need time for themselves virtually or in real life. We need to set boundaries.

I really didn’t have an idea of personal space not up until last year and beginning this year. Before I was like what the hell is that thing? That wasn’t fully realized up to that point. It was emphasized that all relationships require some but not too often because you cannot engage and sustain relationships without connecting and bonding with each other. There are persons who did taught the importance of boundaries. Those are now my closest friends. But there is one special friend who made it her emphasis this makes me more confident in dealing with myself in terms of perspective about things.  This told me to self-respect because through that we are aware of our limits as an individual and we know how to change without sacrificing your being in the eyes of God. To sum it up we need to connect and establish boundaries with each other.

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post