Obsessions in Autism Spectrum Disorder: My experience



One of the challenging behaviors in persons with autism is fixing in to specific interests It may be difficult for me to overcome it is manageable and rewarding at best to manage it.  This happens when things do not come to your way. Obsession in my own words based on what I had read on various articles from the web and the books that I have read it is a form of being abrasively attached to a person, thing, situation/event. One of my obsessions were very weird that I chose to managed it. Looking at someone’s feet or legs would please me especially when the person is very attractive preferably lean and sexy persons. Some celebrities also fuel my obsession. Like Known figures who can impact the society I will not elaborate this because they are too many. Well forgive me with my statements but management techniques like cause and effect and situational stories helped me in dealing with kind of fixations. Although it is a working progress it still needs to be improved PROGRESS alone is what is very crucial to that experience. People with autism has the focus to certain things.

Feelings of the intense desire to do things can be diverted through positive thinking which entails seeking out why do you exist in this world. Someone made you alive. God made us alive here on earth. Well you are here to depend on God rather than the cares of this world. “What about my future?” “What about my possessions?” “What about finding the someone who can complete you?” Motivation needs to be a factor coming in because it sets the fuel to doing what you love. Passion must be turned into a purpose which must come from the Divine Being. Who can conquer even death and through Him we are equipped to do good works. All we need to do is to persist and resist the impulse of the flesh which is impulse for self gratification. As a person with Autism it a great struggle you realize that you need is to find what make you happy. Happiness is not found on others but it needs to be discovered through journeying with the Lord.  

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post