Dan Villejo Part 4. Personal Experience

Dan was a player who understands my game and understands me as a person. You do not need to force yourself to him. He is natural in what he is doing when we are together no pretensions. His scouting report in high school tells how high his character is. Dan to me personally had made me into my craft in carrying the team. He know me and my game. He knows me as a team manager and the "leader".

He is as flexible as I could think. I was not expecting it from him. All of that he had done in a brief moment he had with me as very mind and heart healing. With all the pain I had Although that was all from God, the being who do this all the time to me. God had briefly reminded me that your heartaches are healed in the name of Jesus. God's presence made it more special.

In basketball as we played in an unexpected meet up in Dona Luisa, I saw how selfless he is despite his talent. I just marveled on and at the same time timid. He can play in every court from the ball clubs, baranggay level, ligang labas, internationally which I never seen before. Dan does not look down players who are not as good as he is even those who had little opportunity to play. That say about his character. He just make you a better player. He would restrain me when I had outbursts, would tell me the right mindset a good illustration of becoming a person who can handle a person with autism.

"Always show Aloha." Aloha means love in Hawaiian language. That's aloha, when we hugged each other after the fighting for third match-up with USANA. That was his farewell when he practiced in San Beda as he process his requirements in Davao. By this time "50-50" decision is up on hand until in May where he decided to pursue it. Some of my other friends helped me cope the loss by accepting the reality. There is so much emotional attachment at that time. In short I was in denial.

Now the experience being a part of his life was a blessing. There were relationship that were strengthened and friendships formed afterwards. Aloha was in my mind when unconditional love of God was. I always saw it in the my day. As months passes by Dan was the meter of a player and friend, despite other's individuality and uniqueness.

He was a friend not just in basketball but in everything you do. I see God in this guy. Keep it up.

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post