Dan Villejo Part 3 "Di ko mudula ug wala ka."



Dan was absolutely humble even with his experience in Denver and Mckinnley high school. As the website shows he was a high character kid. I cried with joy on seeing it. During the 2nd game of the game he did the impossible. Carrying a team from a 20 pt deficit to win the game against the eventual back to back champions COA or TYL led by Chosi Cabigas, Basister and Jvan Taranzza. 41 pts was he put on and most of them are threes. Unexpectedly we were 3-0 in the first three games as were poised to win the next games. This is where I took a backseat for the team. As my eagerness of being a star of the team was relegated to Dan. It was life changing for me. We never see him that good.


















In the semis we were cut short due to one of the scorers of the team absence due to the death of his aunt he was one of Dan's favorite pass targets Delgado. His 19 ppg was crucial for the team. It was a big loss. But that's okay we finished third during the season. I was very sorry for you Dan when I surrounded you with below average supporting cast who are not used to playing leagues. Half of them is in our roster. I think we can win it all if I do surround you with talent back then. Lack of those supporting cast means a 20 pt defeat with Boleros in the semis stacked with evenly talented team composed of class c players. In our team we have players that can't even survive in Class D to be frank. The talents were not balanced back then.











Dan would be one of my core players back then as I would include him in a three on three in Davao Doc with Miguel Pacheco and Dale Soriano. We also finished third ok. I thought of winning it all because of his talents, talents that can make him a good NCAA player and PBA player some day.







Hearing the news that he would go to San Beda was bittersweet for me. I always share Dan to all of my friends. The last moment we had is that we hugged each other in Evergold. That was his way of saying goodbye to me.



Parts 4 and 5 will focus more on the my personal experience with him and the next season without him.

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post